As a blogger, you probably have met quite a few people. You probably have some regular readers, and maybe interact with the same number of people. Not that they are boring, but after some time, you might find yourself stagnate in your site’s progress. It might be from lack of knowledge in a topic, or perhaps a problem reaching new crowds. I am going to share with you on how to widen your blog circle.
Your blog circle currently consists of the following:
- Your regular readers and commentators
- Your subscribers
- Your social network followers
Within these numbers are a small core of people who you interact with the most. A lot of times these are the people are both influence and learn from you. Often you will find yourself in a niche that is similar or has some overlapping, so some of your articles may be similar. The thing is that you only go to their sites and comment, and they do the same. This is great in some ways, but you forget one thing: there are more people in the world that you could be connecting and learning from (and with.)
Of course, your Internet routine may be different but aside from email, reading news sites, and other things, for bloggers, reading other blogs, commenting, and social networking are also part of that regimen. So, knowing this, if you do the same thing every day, reading the same blogs, commenting on the same blogs, and interacting with the same people on social network sites, you are going to produce nearly the same result every day.
To break out of that, you need to widen your blog circle. In order to do that, you have to connect with people you have not connected before, and read blogs that you have never read before. Of course, this is time consuming, but if you honestly want to break out of blogging doldrums, you really need to liven up some.
Here are some ideas on how you can widen your blog circle:
- When you read another blog in your own blog circle and leave a comment, check out the other commentators. Visit their sites and comment. It would not hurt to also follow them on social networking sites.
- Join forums, Communities on Google+, Yahoo! Groups, and Facebook groups that are relevant to your niche.
- Search on Twitter for hashtag terms or topics that are relevant to your niche and follow people who regularly show up in those results.
- Make a list of 5 to 10 blogs to visit every week. Visit, leave a comment, and connect. Eventually as you become part of their blog circle, visit those who comment on their site.
If you think about it, while these suggestions involve using time, they certainly do not money. A lot of bloggers are not really rolling in the dough to be shelling out the cash for advertising.
Is your site sitting on a plateau in its traffic? Are you not getting out there and connecting with others?
If you are not having these issues, do you have any suggestions on how to widen one’s blog circle?