Social media marketing is something most bloggers who want to reel in traffic and be competitive must use. Despite the fact that a lot of people, including myself mention how to promote your product and site in a way that makes it seem easy… the truth is, it is not easy. It takes work. I repeat this a lot, but I do not think people realize it.
With that said, hopefully you are still reading this article, because I am going to tell you, regardless of how experienced you are as a blogger or site owner how social media marketing is good for you.
- You get exposure for your site. Unless you pay someone good money or do it yourself, no one will know where you are or what you want them to do. This includes the search engines.
- You get exposure for yourself. The more you participate, the more people see you and might even interact with you.
- You become reputable within and outside of your niche. The great thing about being human is that you get to have as many things that you are interested in as you want. People who are even the least bit curious will find out about you if you are someone who is recommended by others regardless if they are in your niche or not.
- You learn a lot of great ways to promote your site in ways that it would have cost more using other marketing methods. There are so many tools out there that are free. Of course, there are others that cost, but you can still get ahead, be thrifty, and market your product or site successfully online.
- You can make good money if you are dedicated.
- You meet new people. Unless you like to be a hermit, I know a lot of people enjoy meeting others. Even if it is not face-to-face, exchanging conversations can really be fun.
- You can potentially reach more people online versus other media. There are a lot of people embracing social networking and with some research and work on your part, you can connect with others that you never thought were possible.
What are other reasons why bloggers should use social media marketing?