The way we create content as bloggers has changed. It’s usually been done with text and some images. Today, there are more people online, and more websites. Adding video to your blog can benefit you in ways that give you a leg up over others who have resisted creating videos.
If you add video to your blog, you definitely want to keep blogging that long form content. Below are 5 reasons why you should add video to your blog.
5 Reasons Why You Should Add Video To Your Blog
1. You should be creating content in as many mediums as possible. This means that you should seek out more than just text. Video, audio, and images are other mediums. Some people have a preferred format for taking in information. It could be because of time or just preference alone.
2. It adds a dynamic to your website that text cannot reach. Often people read text and miss out on the emotions that video can hold. Whether it’s you and your voice, or just your voice, your website visitors and fans can relate to you better.
For the introverts who don’t like putting their faces on video, you can still speak, and just use images. For example, some of my podcast presentations are also on video, and include the presentation slides of my talk. I haven’t included my face, but you can hear my voice.
3. Creating video content can take very little time. You don’t have to be perfect. Sometimes you could have a minute to convey an impromptu message. You could even do 5. You can also create longer content. When you post video with a minimal text (at least 300 words), you can use it as fast filler content that is just as valuable as other content that you publish on your website.
4. You can still market to other people using video. Places like Youtube allow you to place call to actions within your video. You can entice them to purchase a product or service, subscribe to your newsletter or Youtube channel, or go view a specific related blog post. Or you can do all of the above in each video.
5. You can make money when adding video to your blog. Youtube allows you to turn on monetization for your website, and they will deliver ads to your viewers.
Do you create videos for your blog? If so, what do you like best about creating videos for your blog?