In another article, I covered tips for being interviewed for a feature, and immediately, I got requests from many of you to cover on tips on getting interviewed for a feature article. Well, you asked, and so you shall get. 🙂
5 Tips for Getting Interviewed for a Featured Article
- Create great content in as many mediums as possible to reach the most audience. Someone out there will find your information inspiring enough to reach out to you for an interview.
- Connect with existing influencers in your niche and also niche closely related to your own. In time, being seen with them, aside from creating your own awesome content, you could end up being seen by an influencer.
- Ask a good friend or loyal followers to reach out to other websites or media to recommend you as a feature.
- Approach the website or media source yourself. If you’re reaching a lot of people and doing something pivotal in the industry, they will definitely want to reply back to you.
- Help A Reporter Out, or HARO, is a great place to scan for reporters looking for people to interview for specific topics. It’s free to sign up. Every day you get an email with possible publicity opportunities.
There are definitely other places like HARO. In fact, here’s a great article on 10 HARO-like Tools to Score Great Media Mentions for Your Business.
Other tips for the interview and after the interview.
It’s extremely important to make sure you’re established enough in your niche, and know what you’re talking about, as some of these sites may ask you things that will get you to really think. It will take time to do that, as it takes time to build trust and authority in your industry.
If you’re nervous about being interviewed and not sure what to expect, go on over and check out my article on 5 Tips for Being Interviewed for a Featured Article.
Aside from that, once you’ve successfully been interviewed, make sure to share and like those articles. If you’re not sharing it, then how will your followers know about it?
Lastly, don’t forget to thank the interviewer. You may be filling a need for them to be able to create content, but they are featuring you. In thanking them, it could lead to possibly more interviews in the future if it is relevant to what you do in your niche.
What other tips do you have for getting interviewed for a feature article?