The power of social media can be used in any case scenario for any type of blogger. Social media is getting your content out there to the public. Whether you are by yourself or represent a company, with or without a blog, your method of delivering your website to the masses is all about social media.
You can spread word of your presence and content on social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Friendfeed, and Identica. You can create videos and live streams in sites like Youtube and Ustream. However, there are many more ways like social bookmarking sites like Digg, Delicious, and more. In fact, there are more than a couple hundred different social bookmarking sites available. Some are for a particular niche, and some allow many different topics.
Some social bookmark sites even allow you to interact with other users and comment on posts or click a vote type button to tell others what articles are worth the time to read. Here are some ways to apply this.
1. Make sure the social bookmark site allows topics that you write about. For example, you cannot quite insert a sports article in a website design social bookmarking site unless the sports article is about the site’s design.
2. Make sure to use catchy phrases for your title, but also remember to make sure you can back that title up with an article that is just as amazing. For example, if a person wrote about a list of free WordPress themes and included premium themes and titled their article ‘Free WordPress themes.’ – Not cool, and that is actually a form of false advertisement.
3. Be consistent with your social bookmarking and try to remember to bookmark each of your posts. You never know when someone could drop in and become one of your regular visitors.
4. Try to surf the social bookmarking sites you use once in a while. You may find the inspiration to write on topics that do not cover what you want to see, or find other sites that you never knew about and might consider reading regularly. It is a learning experience and bloggers do learn a lot from each other.
5. Make sure to put a way for your visitors to bookmark your links or vote for them on their favorite social bookmarking sites. There are many tools for different blog and CMS platforms as well as straight code for users who just have static html pages with valuable content.
These are just a few ways. What others ways would you suggest?