Restaurant owners can blog? Why certainly they can, or whomever they appoint as the website content creator. It’s understandable if you’re a restaurant owner, that owns a website, and is having problems generating blog ideas.
This post is dedicated to giving blog ideas for restaurants that blog, or are considering on adding blogging to their website. This is part of the Ultimate List of Blog Ideas series.
When the main focus of a restaurant is food, sometimes writing might be hard. However, with restaurants, as long as your blog is focused around the food, the people who come to your establishment, the community nearby, and the people putting together those meals, you should have plenty of content.
However, if that’s still tough, then hopefully this post will help. 🙂
Blog Ideas for Restaurants
- Meet the Chef/ Meet the cook featurette
- Showcase one of the main specials
- Recipes (this can even be done as a membership or paid content)
- History of specific foods used in the restaurant
- Customer spotlight
- Local area events that the restaurant is participating in
- Story behind the idea of the restaurant
- Story behind the making of the menu
- Employee spotlight
- Reviews from critics
- Wine pairing suggestions, in regards to menu items
- Beer pairing suggestions, in regards to menu items
- Frequently asked questions about the restaurant
- Social network handle annoucement
- Meet the Restaurant Owner article
- Restaurant events and the recap of those events(holding specific activities for clubs, or activities for the public)
- Restaurant etiquette posts
- Announce local events that will be nearby restaurant
- Feature local entertainment near restaurant
- Lists with foods related to your restaurant (Example: “Top 15 Delicious…” or “Top 15 Summer time…” or “Top 15… for the Holidays”)
- Pictures of your food (Sometimes a picture can be persuasive.)
- Roundup posts from food bloggers who have posts about food similar to what your restaurant sells
- Share positive local community mentions or press
- Post mentioning a Food blogger who reviewed your restaurant
This list is not set in stone. It could be added to any time. If you’d like to make a suggestion for this list, then you’re welcome to comment below. I am considering most suggestions as this list is intended to be helpful.
If you’re a restaurant owner, let me know if these blog ideas have helped.