As part of the Ultimate List of Blog Ideas series, this post contains blog ideas for web designers.
I’ve met quite a few web designers and some of them always tell me that they don’t know what to blog about. There’s actually a lot of blog ideas for web designers to consider. Most of my friends who are web designers not only are professionals or freelancers, but also love to immerse themselves into it like another hobby.
So, I’ve decided to it easier by sharing some blog ideas for web designers in hopes that not only do my friends benefit from this list, but the web design community benefits too.
Blog Ideas for Web Designers
- Web design tutorial roundup from around the web
- Website showcase/ roundup of sites using a particular type of design feature (example: parallax, transparencies, flat design, jquery)
- Graphic art in website roundups for inspiration
- Web design tutorial
- Graphic design tutorial
- Interview with a successful web designer
- Whitepaper on web design concept and/or theory
- Case Study of a completed web design project
- Basic business tips for web designers
- Tips for web designer to consider when designing for a client
- Tips to clients on how to seek a great web designer
- Tips on how to use crowd sourcing websites
- Tips on how to deal with web design head hunters/ job recruiters
- Tips on how to land a web design project
- Video tutorials on web design
- Coverage on web design conferences
- Reviews on Web design tools and/or software
- Tips on project management for web designers
- Tips on how to delegate work when bringing on another designer to help expedite the project
- Search Engine Optimization tips to consider when web designing
- Feature on graphic resourcs to use for websites
- Tips on using photographs in web design(if you also do photography)
- Web design tips for the DIY crowd
- Articles on the different terms of web design
- Website tips for the client, once the project is complete
- Feature on various books in the web design field
The web design niche can be a very flexible one. I could’ve gone on and one, but I realized that many website designers have different focuses with their service. Some may offer some marketing strategies. Some may only develop on specific platforms. From some of the items suggested, you should be able to generate countless topics, altering them to suit your needs.
Of course, if I haven’t listed an idea that you’ve thought of, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I’m always willing to expand upon my list of blog ideas for web designers.
Are you a web designer? If so, what haven’t you tried from this list?