When you have not updated or engaged with your blog, you do lose some traffic. If you go on vacation or your life offline might be a bit more busy than usual, this can be frustrating. So what can you do? How can you keep your blog growing when you are too busy?
Here are some tips to help with that:
- Have back up posts or write posts ahead of time and schedule them evenly throughout the time you may expect to be away from your computer.
- Consider accepting guest posts. Make a regular call to your followers and friends that you need guest post because you are uncertain if you are going to be away from your computer. This will help keep content flowing and your readers’ interests. MyBlogGuest is a great place to seek guest writers. Other places to seek guest writers are on Twitter, a public annoucement post from your site, or even your site’s Facebook fan page.
- Make sure you have Tweet Old Post if you use WordPress. This will share articles that are older, but still great to share. Because there are so many people on Twitter, the first time you tweet a post, it might be missed. This plugin helps get that word out and you do not even have to lift a finger after installing it.
- Ask a good online friend to come by your website and engage with your readers who leave comments. This will keep the conversation alive and it also becomes a win-win as your site stays active and your friend who is helping out may bring in readers as well. And remember to return the favor when they are absent from their own blog.
- While you are away, create a poll or survey for your readers to fill out and give feedback about your website. This is great if you are trying to improve your site, but a perfect time to deploy some type of survey.
What do you do to keep your blog growing when you are too busy?