Blogger’s Block? Bet you are wondering what that is. Well, it is just like writer’s block, where you do not know what to write. It kind of ties into the article I previously wrote, How to Have A User-Friendly Hiatus as one point was missed, the fact that some people run out of things to write.
There are so many reasons why you might be stumped with blogging that next article, but there are solutions.
Here are some things to help you overcome that issue.
1. Make sure you remember what the focus of your site is and try to keep your articles geared toward that focus. It is okay to occasionally go off, but always get back on track.
2. Make a “Future Topic List”. If you do this once a month or when you have an idea, you can use those topics for times you do not know what to blog about. Sometimes even though you are busy, your daily routine sometimes can be uneventful, so this topic list will be important.
3. Take a look around sites like your affiliates or the sites you enjoy visiting. See what they are talking about. If you have an added point or a rebuttle to their article, blog about it, but also remember to link to the post so people can refer back to it to know what the entire story behind it.
4. Have fun and remember blogging is not a chore. You do not have to blog daily, but if you want to keep your site active, you will definitely have to dedicate time to updating your website. Otherwise, if you are just blogging occasionally, then 1-4 times a month is decent. As said, if you are on hiatus, ‘twice will adequately suffice’ in a month’s time.
5. Use more than 1 medium in which to blog like using videos, graphics, or podcasts. Reproduce past articles into other mediums and add a few pieces of information that make it different from your blog post.
6. Ask your followers and fans what they are interested in hearing about from you. You can encourage them to ask questions that you can answer on your website.
7. Research every angle if it is lack of knowledge on a topic that is the real culprit behind your blogger’s block.
8. Do something else like read a book or exercise.
9. Blog because you are passionate about what you want to say to the world… otherwise you are wasting your own time.
How do you overcome bloggers block?