I conducted a poll from August 2011 to August 2013 asking – do you pay attention to sliders on websites? I offered 4 responses to this. After more than 26,000 votes, I decided to close the poll as it was a nice slice of the total blogging community.
Before I get into detail, each vote was tabulated by IP address to be fair and as accurate as possible. Those who had asked for clarification on what was a slider were told that they were basically rotating images, or rotating images accompanied with words that were seen on many business and blogging sites.
The vote options were:
- What are sliders?
- Yes, if the image is cool.
- No, I don’t care
- No, because the image sucks.
The results were:
Do you pay attention to sliders on websites?
- Yes, if the image is cool (66%, 17,293 Votes)
- No, because the image sucks (13%, 3,498 Votes)
- No, I don't care (13%, 3,422 Votes)
- What are sliders? (7%, 1,892 Votes)
Total Voters: 26,105
So, as per the results, the majority within the poll were attracted to well designed images. I have created an infographic to show these results.
Do you agree with this poll?