I am going to reveal how you can have an Alexa rank better than 100,000. However, before I go into it, you do not always have to sign up for Alexa. It is nice to do and you can share a nice brag badge. I signed up, but my site was listed long before I even signed up. I do though recommend just in case so you can make sure your site ‘s information is accurate.
Now that I have said that, here is how you can build your site’s rank.
- Update frequently. I try to update once a day, sometimes even twice a day. Other days I may skip every so often.
- Return comments. CommentLuv is a great plugin to install and give you an idea through comments what your visitors are talking about. You never know when you might blog and give them credit for prompting you to continue the conversation on your own site.
- Encourage readers to subscribe to your newsletters and RSS feed.
- Promote your site on social networks and social bookmark sites.
- Make sure you strategically put the important parts of your site that you want people to view in a manner that catches their eye. It does not matter if it is half way down your page when scrolling… if it looks interesting, people will at least click.
- Focus on developing parts of your site that Alexa says people are searching for by keyword.
- Write great content! No one is interested in the same exact thing that maybe a couple hundred sites have said. Think outside the box and write a new angle that will deliver unique, interesting, and valuable information.
While you may think this is really easy, it is not. It does take work. While there are other ways people monitor their traffic and site’s progress, Alexa is indeed a great tool – and it is free too!
In the end, the point is to bring attention to your site, particularly what you want them to see first.