I have been a bit irked by the efiction script I use at InuYasha-Fanfiction.com. The coding is so finicky especially when incorporating a new layout. Since I have been surfing the WordPress plug-ins, and had no success in finding something that I could make a fiction site with WordPress, I thought I might suggest something in their ideas section. I am sure that it can be done using WordPress alone, but for what I want, it has to be in particular. It would be extremely daunting to go into a WordPress site and find the sidebar filled with stories. If a link directory can be created, then I am sure this can be done.
There has to be some brainiac that can harness my ideas. Here is what I suggested:
A plug-in that gives the ability for the admin to allow users to sign up and use the site as an e-fiction site, much like the script from e-fiction.org. The plug-in would allow the admin to choose to display:
1. recent fiction posted (up to how many they want) or a way like recent commenters widget for the sidebar (or both)
2. Page created for categories in fiction
3. Tabulates and gives users, and users online.
4. Functioning profile with avatar.
5. Give users the ability to comment/ review on stories.
5. Stories can be added and chaptered by “Add new chapter” or “Add new story”
So, if they put [wpfiction] on the main page or active sidebar widget, the site could become a fully interactive wordpres fiction site. Just an idea…
Please, even if you do not use my sites for efiction, I really urge you to vote on this fiction script idea for WordPress. I would like to try running an efiction website that uses WordPress.
It may change the face of how we view fiction sites? And it might actually be popular…. *can only dream*